6 reasons why you should choose Digital Marketing over Traditional Marketing
Before we get into the discussion of which of the marketing techniques is better we must know exactly what they are. Starting off by answering the question "What is Traditional Marketing?" Traditional Marketing incorporates conventional form of advertising. It includes, print, broadcast, direct mail, and telephone. Print: Includes advertisements in newspapers, newsletters, magazines, brochures, and other printed material for distribution. Broadcast: Includes radio and television commercials, as well as specialized forms like on-screen movie theater advertising. Direct mail: Includes fliers, postcards, brochures, letters, catalogs, and other material that is printed and mailed directly to consumers. Telemarketing: Includes requested calling and cold calling of consumers over the phone.
On the other hand, Digital Marketing can be described as a marketing technique that uses digital medium such as internet or wireless for creating awareness and purchase of brand, product or services. Digital marketing is defined by the use of numerous digital tactics and channels to connect with customers where they spend much of their time: online. From the website itself to a business's online branding assets digital advertising, email marketing, online brochures, and beyond.
Why should you choose Digital Marketing over Traditional Marketing?
- that there are around 3.010 billion internet users in this world and the estimated global internet penetration is 42% as compared to 84.2% in US! And Digital Marketing involves presence on websites, email, search engines etc.
- It specifically targets people based on location, age and their interests. Imagine placing a billboard of your brand on busy street. How many people do you think are going to actually stop by and read it? And as a matter of chance even if they do, how sure are you they will be from your targeted audience?
- It is dynamic! People can interact and respond and have immediate replies and give immediate feed backs. You cannot respond to an advertisement being broadcast on the television..
- It is cost effective in the sense that you only pay when the audience view your campaign or interact.
- Almost anyone present anywhere in the world can be reached at standard budgets. It has a wide reach. Traditional marketing techniques have restricted and local reach.
- Results are easily measurable. You can find out whether your campaign has gained any results through analytics. Results can be measured as clicks, impressions, visits and sales.
One must have an in-depth knowledge of their brand/business and the targeted audience and make a wise decision.